Some Sweet Day

>> July 17, 2011

Victory, Victory, hear our cry. V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

I seem to remember cheerleaders chanting this at every game in more than one losing season of football. How difficult it must have been to smile and cheer on a team that clearly only cried about the lack of victory in the locker room at the end of the night.

These days, if a team isn’t winning it is considered the coach’s fault, and after a couple losing seasons he’s sent packing. But what if the team players were constantly late for practice or participated in activities that hindered their full potential? Is that the coach’s fault?

Victory takes effort and practice; it doesn’t happen by osmosis or on accident.

After my years of being a horrible rotten sinner, I accepted Christ as my savior at the ripe old age of nine. I have to admit, I didn’t feel a huge victory dance necessary. As a matter of fact, I didn’t even tell anyone. But as the years passed and I hit the playing field called life, things did become a battle. It took practice to win each fight. The opposition pushed against me and sometimes battles were lost.

But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57 (NLT)

When things get rough in a game, the coach calls a time out to talk to his team and tells the players to “take a knee”. This is a time to regroup and listen to the coach’s battle plan. Because of things learned at practice, he can give quick instructions and the team will know exactly what to do.

When things get rough on life’s playing field, and I feel victory slipping, I know it is time to take a knee and listen to my coach. If I’ve been paying attention and practicing, I’ll hear Him tell me the new battle plan and I’ll know exactly what to do to win the victory.

When my time has come, there will be no crying in the locker room about the lack of victory…

and some sweet day I'll sing up there, the song of VICTORY.



5 comments so far...Care to leave your thoughts?:

Laury 7/17/2011  

We all need to take a knee much more often. Great words, Mari. Can't wait to sing that victory song, hopefully soon and very soon!

Rita Garcia 7/17/2011  

Love this portrait of victory! Me too, I need much more knee time! Hugs!

Joanne Sher 7/18/2011  

Yes - MORE knee time for sure. Ready to sing!

dandelionfleur 7/18/2011  

I love your point about practice preparing you for knee time--a place where we don't have time to work kinks out. Another excellent addition to the collection.

dandelionfleur 7/19/2011  

Oh, and I love the new design.

Post a Comment


Copyright 2008-2016 MariLaVell.com All rights reserved
~Psalm 77:6 "I call to remembrance my song in the night; I meditate within my heart,and my spirit makes diligent search."

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP