His Eye is on the Sparrow...

>> June 17, 2012

...and Three Boys and a Dog.
The Parker's Boys*

Zachariah, Gabriel, and Benjamin all have a story to tell, they just don't know it yet.

Zach: Almost 8 years old. Adopted just before his first birthday and protected from a life filled with things a child should never see or endure.

Gabe: Just turned 6 years old. A miracle child conceived within a womb that was never expected to carry life.

Benny: Three years old and has a different legal name. He has lived in three different situations. His mother and father, his aunt and uncle (the Parkers), and his grandmother have battled for his future in their own way. None of which have permanent custody.

Abigail (the dog): Their guardian.  She is forever at their sides, eyes and ears alert to their every move. Even when she is worn out, she will haul herself from the comforts of lounging to follow close on their heels as they head off on a new venture.

Jeremy and Danielle Parker are clinging to God and doing what they can on a day-to-day basis to teach and to train these boys (and Abigail) to fulfill the purpose God has for them.

And someday I hope to be the one to tell their stories as they unfold.

Romans 8:28-29 "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom he foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."
*This photo was taken on my phone when Les was invited for a recent fishing venture/visit at the Parker's home. This edit/filter from my PicsArt app gave it the perfect Norman Rockwell feel. I plan to print it and place it where I am reminded to pray for the Parker Boys' future and God's plan for them.

3 comments so far...Care to leave your thoughts?:

Laury Holman Hubrich 6/18/2012  

How did you do that to the picture? Pretty cool!

Mari LaVell 6/18/2012  

It was an app on my phone. I likey that is for sure!

Joanne Sher 6/18/2012  

You've inspired me too, dear Mari. Love your heart - and would love to READ the story :)

Post a Comment


Copyright 2008-2016 MariLaVell.com All rights reserved
~Psalm 77:6 "I call to remembrance my song in the night; I meditate within my heart,and my spirit makes diligent search."

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP