Tomorrow...

>> March 7, 2011

Photo by Andrea Meixner

“We saw that last week.” My 2 ½ year old grandson, Josiah, pointed to a picture of an animated movie. My daughter explained to me that anything in the past he calls last week and everything in the future is tomorrow.

Since then I’ve been thinking about time passage.  Sometimes we never seem content. The past haunts us, the present frustrates us, and the future scares us.  When I think along these lines I realize how ungrateful I can be for what the Lord has done, is doing, and will do for me.

Over the past few months I’ve learned to live one day at a time. A novel concept, I know. But truly I am giving each day into His hands and letting tomorrow come tomorrow. Josiah’s “last week” reference reminded me of how far I’ve come in my ability to truly trust God to care for the passage of time issues we’ve been dealing with.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Today I will enjoy what the Lord has for me. Tomorrow will come soon enough.


3 comments so far...Care to leave your thoughts?:

dandelionfleur 3/08/2011  

Amen, Sister. Me, too.

Laury 3/08/2011  

Out of the mouth of babes, huh? We all struggle with with this at different points in our lives. Right now I'm wanting to push time faster to get you here yet in the pushing of time, it's making us older, too. I'm not sure I like that:) Oboy. Love Josiah's pic. What a cutie!

Post a Comment


Copyright 2008-2016 MariLaVell.com All rights reserved
~Psalm 77:6 "I call to remembrance my song in the night; I meditate within my heart,and my spirit makes diligent search."

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP